Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Rainy Afternoon Thoughts

It's been over two years since I've written a blog.  In fact, it's been about that long since I deleted the 200+ blogs that I had written.  I'm not really even sure where to start, but I've not been feeling as creative as I would like to be lately, so I figure this might be a good starting spot.

So......I'm home today completely enjoying the sounds of rain and thunder outside, and the smell of rain that is now being pulled into my house by my attic fan.  What a relaxing way to spend a day!  I'm also very thankful to be feeling better, and to not be heading to meet a surgeon this afternoon.  Oh yeah, for those that don't know,  I spent a good part of yesterday at the doctor being checked out for some serious abdominal pain.  Looks as though it was just an inflammation and nothing more serious, but almost 24 hours ago my PCP wanted to send me to meet with a surgeon to have my appendix checked.  Appendicitis has been a huge fear of mine for many years, so I'm relieved to be feeling so much better.

While home, I've been trying to determine what to do next to explore a creative outlet.  So far I've come up with changing my toe nail polish to a deep purple or other jewel tone for the fall/winter....... you can see that I need help!  Any suggestions?  I loved acrylic paint in high school, but really only enjoyed the hard edge style that Mrs. Esh pushed me to explore.  I'm totally intimidated by picking up a paint brush these days.  I have no idea what I would paint or what medium I would choose.

Ok, enough random ramblings from Jill for the day.  Not sure when I'll blog again, but it's a start.  Right?

4 comments:

  1. Good work, Jill! I am sorry that you have been so sick; I had no idea! I hope you are back to normal tomorrow. As for painting, maybe you should sign up for a course at the Arts Center. they have amazing courses there for reasonable fees. You were such a good painter in high school, and I think you should try it again! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you're back to blogging :) and I'm with eve- I'm sorry you've been feeling sick and even more sorry I had no idea. you so SHOULD get back into painting even if it's just silly little things like I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go BIG. A 4 foot canvas, tape, and colors that go with a room in your house. Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eve got the money for the concert because she is a good card player. I thought a value lesson was in order, so Jill, Larkin, Eve and I played poker. Naturally, I would win and teach them a lesson about gambling. Didn't turn out that way ..... Eve won enough from her dad to pay for the tickets.

    Love your blog Jill.

    ReplyDelete