Thursday, October 21, 2010

Memories.......like the corners of my mind.

The weekend has finally arrived!  Stephanie comes to visit. Hooray! I haven't seen her in a year, and I cannot wait. This is the girl that I rarely go a day without speaking to..... and when we don't actually speak, there will be a multitude of emails and texts. I've known her since I was 18, and there is probably very little about me that she does not know.  I anticipate lots of fun during her visit......only one girl will be missing :(


The third amiga will definitely be missed.  We always have so much fun when we all get together.  I don't know why we don't do it more often.  In fact, I miss the days of running around Hendrix with these girls, and those guys that we spent our days goofing off with... Tom, John, Colin, Mitch, Jonathan.......  The ten year reunion a couple of years ago was a lot of fun, and I am so thankful that we were able to get to spend time together, but we really should figure out a way to do this more often.

Every fall I feel a bit sad that my time at Hendrix came and went so quickly.  I miss packing up and heading to the dorm.  I  miss listening to the Indigo Girls too loudly, playing quarters with the rule that you must name a Pearl Jam song, and many trips to Windy City Pizza. I miss the fun of being back together after a summer apart..... and I'm so thankful for all of the wonderful memories I have from those years.  






If I had to pick a song that most fits this period of my life, it would most certainly be "These Are Days" by 10,000 Maniacs.  I cannot listen to that song without thinking of the many shenanigans that we got into during our years in Conway.

4 comments:

  1. My years at Hendrix have produced some of my fondest memories and longest lasting friendships. We really all should get together again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed... why don't we stop talking about getting together and PLAN something? Spring of 2011 works for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. #1... Jill, I am posting a comment on your blog. #2... Agreed. It has been FAR too long since we've all been together. And ditto what Tom said about Hendrix. I may have left early but those are definitely some of my best memories and my longest lasting friendship. I feel like you guys are my family. Awwww *wipes away a tear*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some of those pictures are very Reality Bites. Love it - LG

    ReplyDelete