Friday, November 5, 2010

McRib

For years, I have listened as people I know talked about how delicious the McRib sandwich is. I can honestly say that the appearance in the advertisements was enough to make me cringe. Meat shaped to look like a rack of ribs, covered in sauce, and paired with pickles and onions on a bun? No thank you!


Well, things changed yesterday. Jonathan, Mk and I went to McDonald's and each had one of these "elusive" sandwiches. Mk opted for sauce only on her version, and I skipped the pickles. Jonathan, a true fan, swears that you cannot really enjoy the McRib without the pickles. Again, gag. Pickles ruin more things than they enhance, so I'll always pass on the cucumber's evil alter ego.

The sandwich really isn't that bad. It kind of tastes like their burgers covered in bbq sauce, which is somewhat frightening since it's pork instead of beef. I wonder how long it could sit inside its little cardboard container before it would mold...... would it last eternally as the fries and burgers do in the documentaries? I can't think about this because I do enjoy McDonald's fries, and will continue to eat them despite their scary non-deteriorating ingredients.  

While I did enjoy my dinner last night, I doubt I'll have another McRib before it disappears from McDonald's for an undetermined amount of time.  I'm happy with the standard Quarter Pounder with cheese on those occasions I do head for fast food.  I also prefer my bbq pork smoked, chopped and served with slaw and maybe potato salad.  That said.... the McRib is only served for about 6 weeks each year, so you need to move fast if you're interested in giving it a try.  You can track the McRib online at: http://kleincast.com/maps/mcrib.php.

3 comments:

  1. Next go for the double down at KFC. But be sure to partake outside the ER door...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? A post about the McRib Sandwich. Really?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'll stick with the QP and fries if/when I go there...

    ReplyDelete