Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My S.E.L.F.

I attended two different management training sessions last week, and other than the books that the speaker promoted (7 Habits of Highly Successful People by Covey topped both lists) they both promoted the S.E.L.F. test.  So..........I took it.  I am an S.


I am actually a bit surprised by the result of this.  Based on what the speaker said on Friday, I was convinced I was an E with a lesser degree of S.  After answering the questions, it seems clear that I'm an S and the only letter that I do not identify with at all is F.  I ranked a 4 on both my directive  and affiliative score, so this made me an S with equal parts E and L.  Totally different from what I thought after leaving the seminar on Friday.

That said, some of the strengths of an S are: competitive, socially skilled and outgoing.  Some of the limitations: pushy, impatient and restless.  I'm sure most of you would agree that it's pretty accurate for me.

I've scanned in the questions and scoring instructions in case any of you are interested in checking your own results.  I would love to hear your results, and see how accurate the test is for you.




4 comments:

  1. I'm an 'S,' too! Does that sound right to you for me? --Eve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you look at the first list I posted above? I think it does the best job of listing the traits, but when I look at the list of strengths/limitations, you seem more like an E or L. Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm S too! i was 4 and 4 on the scores so my triangle is really small... whatever this means :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that means we're identical on this test, Noel.....go figure :)

    ReplyDelete