Monday, April 18, 2011

A New Week

Orange cones must be a sign of progress, right?  Too bad they're on the wrong side of the street!

I called Entergy's emergency outage number this morning and found out that power should be restored to my house by 3pm today.  I really want to be optimistic about this, but yesterday they told me that their estimate was 6pm and there were others before that.  The big difference is that when I went by the house yesterday at 4:30 there were Entergy trucks everywhere.  Further snooping revealed that they were working on the opposite side of the street, BUT this is still progress.  I hear that Markham was back up and running finally around 6pm last night. 

Farewell Rusty Wheelbarrow.  You were a great lawn ornament.

I still have not been able to get any information out of Allstate.  I'm frustrated that I've not been able to make progress in clean up as several of my neighbors have.  The slight hole in my sunroom room is now a giant mess hanging from the back of my house.  I'm hoping that the winds and rain will hold off for a while.  I don't need any more things falling off of my house for a while.

Damage on Day 3

I did receive welcome news from my neighbors yesterday afternoon.  Apparently the Arkansas Baptist State Convention Disaster Relief crew had come to help us with our cleanup.  There were men everywhere volunteering their time to help my neighbors remove trees and other debris from their property.  I was able to meet with the man in charge, and submitted a claim with them for the tree removal from my back yard.  What a blessing to have help arrive without even asking.  I've had so many friends and family members call, email or text their offers to help me clean up my back yard, but having complete strangers show up to help was something I never expected.

This picture still doesn't give the full effect of all the tree limbs, but it's the best I've taken so far.
 Here's hoping that my house will have lights later today.  That refrigerator MUST be cleaned out soon.  Thank goodness I'm the type that only buys food for a day or two at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment