Monday, January 24, 2011

Veggie Tale

I was discussing dinner options with Mk this afternoon, and we agreed to spicy baked chicken strips for our entree tonight.  This was good news to me since I did not want to stop at Kroger.  I announced that I was fairly certain we had a bag of frozen veggies in the freezer that we could eat with our chicken.  

"Like cauliflower?" asked Mk.

"Sure," I said.  "We might have brussel sprouts".

"Great!  I love brussel sprouts!" said Mk.

I laughed at this point, "I'm pleased that you enjoy a vegetable that so many kids would complain about".

"It's because I'm so much more mature, mom", replied Mk.

This made me laugh as well.  

3 comments:

  1. Bahahaha! That is awesome. She always strikes me as very mature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a joy you and MK are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just saw this; SO funny! xoxo

    ReplyDelete